It is with great pleasure that we wish to announce the release of the CRG VK1 chassis. Specifically developed for the Rookie Class, it displays CRG’s commitment to providing the latest available race winning technologies to its drivers.
The following are just some of the features of this new kart:
- Chro-moly 28 x 28mm Chassis with 950mm Wheelbase
- Adjustable Camber/Caster and Ackerman
- Suede Flat Top Steering Wheel
- New Age Bodywork
- Quick Release 3 Litre Fuel Tank
- Lightweight/Floating Brake Disc Rotor
- Self Adjusting Brake Pads
- 4 Point Mounting Axle Bearing Flanges (Unique to CRG)
- Front and Rear Chassis Height Adjustment
- New Style Rear Bumper Bar with Wheel Protection
- Chrome & Fluoro Lucky Design Sticker Kit
2009 Junior Top Guns are Go …..
Following all the celebrations of Christmas and the welcoming of the New Year our junior karters will have the opportunity for more presents during the month of January. This is the time to kick off the kart racing season with the traditional “Junior Top Guns” series at Oakleigh. There will be over $700 cash for each class including $300 for the series winner, plus lots of other random prizes for all competitors.
- Round 1 – Friday January 16 (Track will be open for practice from 5pm until 10pm on Thursday, 8th January and Saturday, 10th January. The club will fire up the BBQ on both practice nights. )
- Round 2 – Friday January 23.
Competitors who compete at both rounds will be automatically entered in random prize draws. ARC Engine Company are providing an ARC water cooled engine for Junior Clubman, Dunlop a set of tyres for the Midget, Rookie and for the Junior National classes. Concept Karting and Racegear along with OGKRC, are providing 2 HJC AR-10 FIA Helmets and 2 Sparco Race Suits as a random draw for all people who enter both rounds of Top Guns 2009.
Prize money for total points over the two rounds in each class is as follows:
1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100, 4th $75 & 5th $50
All competitors must remember to fit their helmets with clear visors for racing under lights.
Classes offered include:
- Junior National Light Open
- Junior National Light C & P
- Junior National Heavy Open
- Junior National Heavy C & P
- Junior Clubman
- Formula JMA
Jonathan Thonon thanks to an outstanding performance was able to add another victory in the Super Pro class at the SKUSA Super Nationals XII held on December 12, 2008 in Las Vegas, Nevada. This victory was the culmination of an absolutely wonderful season for Jonathan in which he managed to win a World and European Championships for CRG.
Having qualified in pole position, Jonathan Thonon proceeded to win the next two heats. He then suffered mechanical problems in the third heat which relegated him to fifth position on the grid for the final.
In the final Jonathan’s ability as a world class racer came to the fore by managing to fight his way into the lead and finally winning by a clear margin of two seconds.