2009 Junior Top Guns are Go …..
Following all the celebrations of Christmas and the welcoming of the New Year our junior karters will have the opportunity for more presents during the month of January. This is the time to kick off the kart racing season with the traditional “Junior Top Guns” series at Oakleigh. There will be over $700 cash for each class including $300 for the series winner, plus lots of other random prizes for all competitors.
- Round 1 – Friday January 16 (Track will be open for practice from 5pm until 10pm on Thursday, 8th January and Saturday, 10th January. The club will fire up the BBQ on both practice nights. )
- Round 2 – Friday January 23.
Competitors who compete at both rounds will be automatically entered in random prize draws. ARC Engine Company are providing an ARC water cooled engine for Junior Clubman, Dunlop a set of tyres for the Midget, Rookie and for the Junior National classes. Concept Karting and Racegear along with OGKRC, are providing 2 HJC AR-10 FIA Helmets and 2 Sparco Race Suits as a random draw for all people who enter both rounds of Top Guns 2009.
Prize money for total points over the two rounds in each class is as follows:
1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100, 4th $75 & 5th $50
All competitors must remember to fit their helmets with clear visors for racing under lights.
Classes offered include:
- Junior National Light Open
- Junior National Light C & P
- Junior National Heavy Open
- Junior National Heavy C & P
- Junior Clubman
- Formula JMA